Luxembourg’s updated ultra-high-speed broadband strategy puts the digital divide & the telecoms ecosystem into focus.
While the vast majority of the population has access to ultra-high-speed internet, a small percentage remains without access due largely to geographical & financial restrictions. In today's digitalized society, quality of life & connectivity are increasingly correlated. That’s why Luxembourg plans to focus on removing the barriers preventing any household from securing broadband internet.
A competitive & dynamic telecoms ecosystem is equally central to Luxembourg meeting its 2021–25 objectives:
- Make connectivity accessible to all
- Accelerate the transition of households & businesses to more efficient & sustainable technologies
- Accelerate the deployment of future-proof infrastructure while respecting technological neutrality
- Improve transparency & strengthen consumer protection
- Develop Luxembourg as the launchpad of choice for ICT service providers of today & tomorrow